Student Enterprise Ideas
Dummy sticks (10 to 12 inches long)
8 parts of potassium nitrate KNO3,
4 parts of white oil
Perfume (Rose, Kevada, Mogra, and Jasmine etc.)
1. Using a netted cloth filer the charcoal powder.
2. For 8 parts of potassium nitrate, take one part of water, and mix charcoal powder in it thoroughly.
3. Apply the above mixture on the stocks leaving 1-inch of the stick without coating.
4. Take white oil and perfume in a long cylindrical vessel, dip the above coated sticks in the vessel and remove them.
5. Dry the sticks in a tray.
6. Wrap the sticks in polythene bags and sell them
T.H. Khan et al.,Standard XII Systematic Chemistry, Uttam Prakashan, Mumbai, 2007, p.381.